Who we are
The West London Mission (WLM) is a Circuit of the Methodist Church
WLM has two city-centre churches at Hinde Street in Marylebone and King’s Cross, and three Circuit mission projects. Each of the churches engages in worship, learning and caring, service and evangelism in ways that reflect Methodist tradition and their distinctive identity, history and context.
The circuit mission projects are professional Social Work, a student community at Methodist Chaplaincy House at King’s Cross and work with students and young adults based in both churches. These projects are expressions of our historic roots and the current convictions of Hinde Street and Kings Cross churches.
Our Social Work with homeless and marginalised people
The West London Mission has been serving homeless and marginalised people since 1887. We have developed a range of innovative projects which support and empower some of the most vulnerable people in London.
We seek to transform the lives of people affected by homelessness,personal difficulties, offending or chronic addiction, empowering them to lead more fulfilling lives.
WLM has an inclusive Christian ethos and are committed to offering our services to all people regardless of their belief. Our values are rooted in this ethos.
We are firmly committed to embodying these values in our work:
- Focusing on our clients and residents: we keep the needs of those we serve at the heart of everything we do.
- Promoting wholeness: we offer creative, responsive and holistic services to address people’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Empowerment: we support and challenge people to take personal responsibility for themselves and lead fulfilling lives within the community.
- Equality and diversity: we affirm the worth of every person and we will seek to ensure that all of our services are free of discrimination or prejudice.
- Transparency: we are open and honest in the way we work and seek to build trust with clients, colleagues and other agencies.
- Excellence: we want all our staff and volunteers to be committed to the best quality of professional practice possible.
- Transformation: we are committed, as we work for the transformation of others, to the continual improvement of our services and our own individual practice.