We need volunteers for the Marylebone Music Festival!
Date posted: Wednesday 15 Jun 2016
The Orion Orchestra are organising the Marylebone Music Festival to raise funds for our work with homeless people. This will be over the weekend of 24 – 26 June including concerts and performances at various venues around Marylebone. Sue Perkins will be conducting a concert at St James’s Church, Spanish Place on the Friday evening and on the Sunday afternoon there will be music and songs from the C18th Marylebone Pleasure Gardens performed in Manchester Square.
All the proceeds from the ticket sales will be coming to the Day Centre to fund our work helping homeless people off the streets and back into accommodation. It’s set to be a really fantastic weekend and we would love for you to join the team ensuring the weekend goes as smoothly as possible!
The times we need assistance with are as below:
- In St James’s Church, in the presence of HRH Princess Michael of Kent, the Orion Orchestra will perform Fauré's Requiem with the boy choristers from the Schola Cantorum of the Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School, conducted by Sue Perkins.
- We require assistance with roles such as stewarding, drinks serving, setting up and packing away the performance from 6:30pm onwards
- At Marylebone Parish Church, a Festival Gala Chamber Concert will be performed, including Purcell Chaconne and Mozart’s Clarinet Quintet
- As above, 6pm onwards
- It’s all hands on deck on Sunday!
- We need hands to assist from 10am at Manchester Square to prepare for the rediscovery of the Pleasure Gardens (including music performed in the original Marylebone Pleasure Gardens nearly 240 years ago!)
- We also need assistance for the Grand Finale of the weekend from 5:15pm onwards
- Music will be performed by Meghan Cassidy, Claude Frochaux and Tom Poster among others
Finishing times may vary depending on what assistance you can provide, but it would be fantastic to have you involved in the weekend!
For more information or to get involved, contact Chloe on 020 7569 5914 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: Admin on Wednesday 15 Jun 2016
Return to previous page
Share this page