33 homeless people off the streets!
Date posted: Wednesday 06 Jan 2016
Thank you to everyone who supported our 'Warm beds not cold streets' appeal! All the money raised will go towards helping homless people move into accommodation. Last month, December 2015, we were very pleased to help 33 homeless people off the streets before we closed the West London Day Centre for Christmas. These included:
- One man who had been rough sleeping on Marylebone High Street came into the day centre just before Christmas and we were able to link him in with his outreach support worker who got him into a hostel. This was a good result as he has been rough sleeping for some time and is quite a chaotic drug user.
- One of our clients has just begun working as an Evening Standard vendor. He had previously been rough sleeping at Great Portland Street but is now staying in our winter night shelter.
- We helped a 50 year old refugee man from Sudan move into a private rented place in Westminster.
- One woman who was fleeing domestic violence had been spending the nights in Marylebone Station before we were able to take her into our night shelter and then find her a place in a women’s refuge outside London.
- We bought a ticket to return home for a migrant worker from a southern European country who had been sleeping in Edgware Road underpass. He’d been working a few hours a day as a cleaner but hadn’t earnt enough money to pay for accommodation and was quite exhausted and depressed.
Posted by: Admin on Wednesday 06 Jan 2016
Return to previous page
Share this page