Volunteering with WLM
Step 1: Informal Discussion
To find out what opportunities are available, you can contact our services as follows
- WLM Seymour Place - please contact Tom McDonald on email or 020 7569 5916
- WLM The Haven - please contact Amanda Brett on email or 020 7263 3315
- WLM St Luke's Hub - please contact Sam Bedford on email or 075 39738 770
- General enquiries - please contact Laura Muzorori on email or 020 7935 6179
Step 2: Application
Complete the Application Form
Please state clearly on your application form which role you wish to apply for and specify which of our services it relates to.
Step 3: Interview
If you are shortlisted for a role, you will be invited for a volunteer interview at the project where the role is based.
This will also provide you with an opportunity to meet staff, ask questions and discuss the role more fully before accepting.
Step 4: Reference Checks and Disclosure and Barring Service checks (DBS – formerly CRB)
Two satisfactory written references will need to be obtained before you can start as a volunteer.
Most volunteer roles will require Enhanced DBS checks as we work with vulnerable adults. If this applies to your role, you will be required to complete the application process for this (at no cost to you).
Step 5: Arrange Start Date and Induction
Once we have your references and DBS clearance, we will arrange a start date at the relevant project.
You will receive full training and induction at the project at which you will be based and you can expect to be well supported and highly valued.
For volunteering opportunities, please click on the links below
- Current Volunteering Opportunities at WLM The Haven
- Current Volunteering Opportunities at WLM Seymour Place
- Current Volunteering Opportunities at WLM St Luke's Hub