Don your walking boots and join our very first walking challenge on Saturday 28th April! The challenge we’ll be taking on starts at Staines Railway Bridge; we will walk across idyllic English landscape and finish off in the historic market town of Windsor. Join us for a celebratory lunch afterwards and take in Windsor’s picturesque sights as they prepare for this year's Royal Wedding. Places are limited so book your spot early!
The Thames Path is a National Treasure, a 184-mile river across England starting from its source in the Cotswold Hills to the sea. But don’t worry, you can leave your map at home: the fundraising team will be there to lead the walk, so you can enjoy the fresh air, beautiful views and focus on fundraising!
We're asking each participant to fundraise £250 for our sponsored walk. We rely on fundraisers like yourselves to continue our vital work, supporting street homeless people into accommodation. Every penny you raise by taking on this challenge will go directly to helping more people like the 249 individuals we supported off the streets last year.
Here’s what £250 can provide for a client at our centre on Seymour Place:
- Access to our drop-in service five mornings a week, including a hot breakfast, a shower, luggage, and clothing services
- An initial assessment by one of our Project Workers through a one-to-one interview
- Liaison with the benefits agency
- Referrals into accommodation
- Weekly group sessions, including the Art Group, Music Group, and Spirituality Group
- A follow-up interview and assistance with our Advice Service team to help them move in to permanent accommodation
- Resettlement support, which can include providing a services user with basic kitchen utensils, a good parcel of necessities such as sugar, tinned foods and tea, and bedding and other essential items. Our resettlement support ensures service users can begin a new stage in their lives, with all the requirements needed to build a home
- Post-settlement care, including updates with the Project Workers about how they are doing and whether they need further support
You will get dedicated support from our fundraising team, including a fundraising guide chock full of information and handy tips about how to encourage donations, regular updates about our work at Seymour Place – and the all-important WLM t-shirt!
Registration is quick and easy – just click this link and complete the form on Eventbrite. It’s that simple! You’ll be automatically redirected to JustGiving where a fundraising page will be set up for you. JustGiving is quick and easy, and will allow you to receive donations from anyone and anywhere in the world!
Contact WLM’s Events Officer Chloe on email@example.com or 020 7569 5902
Download our Walk to Windsor poster and help us to spread the word!