Corporates, Schools & Community Groups
There are many ways you and your company or community group can support our work with homeless and vulnerable people, helping us to transform their lives. We have received a wide range of fantastic support from various groups over the past year including:
- Centrebridge who came in to the Day Centre on several occasions and served breakfast to our homeless clients, while fundraising significant contributions to our work. Staff also nominated us as their chosen charity for for the ‘Centerbridge Foundation Holiday Initiative’ in Dec 2015!
- The Portman Estate, who have had several fundraising events for the Day Centre including the inaugural Portman Estate Charity Challenge in 2015 which covered 10 % of the Day Centre’s annual running costs
- Derwent London entered a team of staff in our Santa Run and raised money through sponsorship
- Hampden Gurney School, who have donated food to us as part of the Harvest Festival
“The Portman Estate has always been at the heart of Marylebone and we are very proud to have partnered with the Day Centre as our corporate charity. By offering practical help and support to their clients, the Day Centre is able to make a real difference to those who are in the greatest need in our local community. Over the last few months it has been a privilege to meet many of the dedicated staff and volunteers and to learn more about those whom they are able to help”
Bill Moore CBE
Chief Executive, The Portman Estate
Could your company or community group help us support those affected by homelessness?
- You could organise fundraising events at your company, school, church or community group. Things like bake sales and raffles are a fun way to raise money and brighten up the work day.
- Donating gifts from your organisation is a great way to encourage community participation, encourage staff, pupils or members to donate a gift each from the list
- Give As You Earn – staff can be encouraged to support the West London Day Centre through payroll giving, whereby contributions are deducted before tax. For a basic rate tax-payer, every pound given only costs you 80p – even less for higher rate taxpayers.
- ‘Charity of the Year’ – nominate West London Day Centre to receive proceeds from corporate and employee events and benefits
- Matched Giving Scheme – Does your company offer to match employees’ donations and sponsorship totals? Some companies will give as much as £1 for every £1 you donate!
To discuss how your company or community group could support our work, please contact Sarah Glynn on 020 7569 5915 or email Sarah.Glynn@wlm.org.uk